Skip to main content

Continuing Education… Very important but often forgotten…

By June 28, 2019February 3rd, 2020No Comments

If you hold a resident state license, you are more than likely required to complete Continuing Education (CE) in order to renew your license. As always with adjuster licensing, there are a few exceptions to this rule. Currently, AZ, CT, HI, ME, MI, NY, OR, RI, SC, VT, WA and WV do not have a CE requirement for their resident adjusters. You may think this is a good thing, but that is not the case. If you reside in a state that does not require CE, you will still need to complete CE in order to maintain the reciprocity with your Non-Resident licenses. For example, you are a resident of WV and do not have to complete CE to renew your WV license. However, when you go to renew your DE or OK non-resident license, they will ask to see proof of your CE completion. In order to keep these licenses, you will need to provide proof of completing CE that meets their requirements. For adjusters residing in states that do not require CE, we recommend following the CE requirements for one of your non-resident licenses such as TX, IN or FL as these states have high CE requirements (24 hours)  and will meet the needs in all other states.

Failure to complete the CE requirement prior to your resident license expiration date will result in non-renewal of your resident license. Even if you submit a renewal application and pay the renewal fees, the state will not process your renewal application until you have completed your CE. If the CE is not completed before the expiration date, you will potentially be fined for CE non-compliance and late renewal fees.

Please note you do not have to wait until the last minute to complete your CE to renew your resident license. The required amount of hours can be completed anytime during the period of the license.

To review your current CE status, please visit by clicking on the “Look up Course or Transcript” tab. As always, please reach out to our Licensing Department at if you have any questions or concerns regarding your licenses.

Eberl Claims Service

Author Eberl Claims Service

More posts by Eberl Claims Service