Skip to main content

All Eyes on 99!

By August 23, 2016February 3rd, 2020No Comments

With Fiona falling apart and Gaston going east, the main threat in the Atlantic is Invest 99L. Currently located  a few hundred miles miles east of the northern Lesser Antilles, the National Hurricane Center is giving 99 a 40% chance of tropical cyclone development in the next 48 hours and 60% chance of development in the next five days. By the time 99 (Hermine) comes close to the U.S. coast towards the end of the week/weekend, conditions will be favorable for additional strengthening and we may end up with our first major hurricane of 2016.

The majority of the forecast ensemble models are calling for 99L to hit the Southeast U.S. between Florida and South Carolina sometime Sunday or later. This could be the real deal folks…

Now is a good time to start thinking about deployments! If a major hurricane strikes the Southeast coast, we will have an abundance of work to say the least. So pack your bags, change the oil and run those last minute errands- things may be about to get crazy! Dependent upon forecast models, it is not uncommon for us to begin staging adjusters before the storm makes landfall,  so keep a close eye on your email and phone over the next few days.

One more thing- make sure your licenses are up to date in the states that may be effected, including; Florida, Georgia, Alabama and South Carolina. If you don’t have those licenses currently, it may be wise to look into starting the process to obtain them.



Eberl Claims Service

Author Eberl Claims Service

More posts by Eberl Claims Service

Leave a Reply